ABOUT EYELASH EXTENSION - Services
ABOUT EYELASH EXTENSION
INFORMATION & CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Follow the care instructions for the maximum life of your eyelash extensions.
- It is normal to experience loss/shedding of eyelash extensions due to natural shedding; a complete eyelash growth cycle is composed of three phases. Each phase may cause some shedding of eyelashes.
- A fill is recommended two to three weeks following the initial appointment.
CONSULTATION FOR EYELASH EXTENSIONS
- At this time, the technician will determine the length of lashes necessary to meet your goals and determine appointment time required.
- Please ask any questions that you have about the application, maintenance, and aftercare during this time.
- Please remove your contact lenses prior to your appointment.
- You must arrive to your appointment without makeup.
- Your full set eyelash extension appointment may take up to two hours. Due to the nature of the application process, you will need to remain laying on your back for the entire appointment. Please address any concerns about this with your technician.
- Upon competition of the application, a slight stinging or redness may occur. This is fairly common, and should subside within 24 hours.
AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- You must wait 24 hours to expose your eyelash extensions to water after the initial application. Use care and avoid splashing water or cleanser in the eye area when washing your face.
- Do not swim, shower, or use hot tubs, steam rooms, or saunas for up to 24 hours; avoid repeated use thereafter.
- Avoid sleeping directly on your lashes; note that the side you normally sleep on is more susceptible to shedding.
- Avoid getting non-oil free moisturizers, eye creams or makeup removers on or around your lash extensions.
- Avoid any cosmetic product or cleanser containing organic solvents, urea, glycols, or high concentrations of alcohol. These products can potentially break down the adhesive bond and shorten the duration of time extensions stay on. (Your technician will be able to advise you on the products Simonson’s carries for Eyelash Extension maintenance.)
- Do not use waterproof mascara. Only use Lash Extension approved mascara, and only apply to the tips. Note the repeated use of mascara may shorten the lifespan of your lash extensions by compromising the adhesive bonds.
- Do not use liquid, cream or pencil eyeliners; powder is recommended. ß Avoid rubbing or pulling on your extensions. Any action that repeatedly puts stress or strain on your lash extensions will cause them to shed prematurely.
- It is not recommended to curl eyelash extensions. Because the extensions are pre-curled, additional curling is not necessary and doing so may shorten the lifespan of the extensions by compromising the adhesive bond.